Fast Facts About Johnson City, TN
Population (2021): 71,278
- Knoxville, TN: 1hr 41mins
- Chattanooga, AL: 3hr 20mins
- Nashville, TN: 2hr 59mins
- Knoxville – 1hr 54mins
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $30,496
- Household: $42,174
County: Washington, Carter, and Sullivan Counties
Type of location: City
Why is Johnson City a Nice Place to Live?
Johnson City is a desirable city in Washington, Carter, and Sullivan counties. Living in Johnson City puts you in one of the best places in East Tennessee, with a multitude of entertaining things to do both downtown and beyond in the adjacent forests and Appalachian mountains. Not only does Johnson City host the popular Blue Plum Festival, but the entire region also offers breathtaking scenery.
Johnson City offers quality elementary through public schools within the Johnson City School District. Its mission is to enable all students to achieve excellence in learning, social responsibility, and self-worth.
What is Johnson City Known For?
History buffs and outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy a trip down to Johnson City as it is known for beautiful trails, family-friendly parks, and awe-inspiring nature views. What’s more, you can also enjoy calm and serene days inside museums or more socialization inside distilleries. Those living in Johnson City are never bored with what this lovely city has to offer.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Johnson City?
Some of the top restaurants in Johnson City with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Red Meze, for gyros, hummus & other Greek-Turkish fare offered in a down-to-earth eatery with a patio.
- Label Restaurant, for an eclectic, international menu is set in an airy, industrial-chic surrounding.
- Cafe Lola Bistro, a cozy spot for internationally-inspired eats, wine & martinis amid pink lighting & chic surroundings.
- Southern Craft BBQ, a lofty, urban eatery serving smoked beef brisket, bourbon smoked salmon, burgers, & cocktails.
- Timber!, bright, for seasonal Appalachian casual food & handmade cocktails.