Fast Facts About Gatlinburg, TN
Population (2021): 3,944
- Knoxville, TN: 1hr 7mins
- Chattanooga, AL: 2hr 53mins
- Nashville, TN: 3hr 55mins
- Gatlinburg – 1hr 9mins
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $27,540
- Household: $41,037
County: Sevier County
Type of location: Mountain Resort City
Why is Gatlinburg a Nice Place to Live?
Gatlinburg is a lovely mountain resort city in Sevier County. Living in Gatlinburg gives you adventures at every turn. There’s easily something for everyone found at the gateway to the Smokies. You can also take a quick stroll along the infamous Parkway offers more opportunities for fun with friends and family than you can complete in a day. Within just a short walk, you can explore the depths of the ocean at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies or get a hole-in-one at Gatlin’s Mini Golf.
Gatlinburg is part of the Sevier County School System, which provides a safe, inclusive learning environment with diverse educational opportunities for all students as reflected through data-driven instruction to develop skills needed to be college and career ready.
What is Gatlinburg Known For?
Gatlinburg is home to Anakeesta’s Rail Runner Mountain Coaster, the Gatlinburg SkyBridge, and the Aerial Tramway to Ober Gatlinburg. From museums and arcades to white water rafting and guided hikes, Gatlinburg is the perfect destination for a family-friendly trip to a couples retreat. Those living in Gatlinburg love everything that this beautiful resort has to offer.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Gatlinburg?
Some of the top restaurants in Gatlinburg with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- The Peddler Steakhouse, for grilled beef, chicken, trout & a salad bar at this woodsy steakhouse.
- Alamo Steakhouse, a casual chophouse offering Angus steaks cooked over oak, plus many seafood & chicken specialties.
- Big Daddy’s Pizzeria, is a local chain offering wood-fired, thin-crust pies, plus sandwiches & salads, in a casual setting.
- Timbers Log Cabin Restaurant is a woodsy, cabin-style restaurant offering casual American eats along with sports on TV & patio tables.
- Delauder’s BBQ, a bright, unfussy venue with checkered tablecloths offers a basic menu of smoked meats such as pulled pork.