Fast Facts About Chattanooga, TN
Population (2021): 182,113
- Knoxville, TN: 1 hr 45mins
- Hunstville, AL: 1hr 40mins
- Nashville, TN: 2hr 18mins
Median income (2020):
- Individual: $32,241
- Household: $47,165
County: Hamilton County
Type of location: City
Why is Chattanooga a Nice Place to Live?
Chattanooga is a beautiful city located in Hamilton County, TN. Living in Chattanooga gives you quick access to popular destinations and cities, including Knoxville, Nashville, and Huntsville, AL. Top sites in Chattanooga include the Rock City Gardens, Tennessee Aquarium, Ruby Falls, and the Hunter Museum of American Art. Complete with top-notch restaurants, enlightening museums, trendy coffee shops, and invigorating parks, Chattanooga has a wide variety of fun activities for both residents and visitors alike.
Chattanooga offers quality elementary, middle, and high school public education within the Hamilton County School District. It prides itself on creating a learning environment that allows all children to thrive and experience a future without limits.
What is Chattanooga Known For?
Chattanooga boasts an incredible combination of scenic beauty and a revitalized riverfront. To boot, there is a 13-mile paved Riverwalk loaded with attractions, parks, restaurants, and more. Downtown is just the springboard for everything else to do in Chattanooga. From specialty museums and helicopter tours to food, wine, and nightlife, Chattanooga will leave you in awe. Those living in Chattanooga find themselves coming back to enjoy everything this great city has to offer.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Chattanooga?
Some of the top restaurants in Chattanooga with the highest-rated Google reviews include:
- Alleia, a vintage brick storefront with arty, mod interior dispensing rustic Italian pizzas & homemade pastas.
- STIR, is a sprawling, industrial-chic space offering modern American eats craft cocktails & an oyster bar.
- Public House Restaurant, an updated, locally sourced Southern fare & a discerning wine list in a refined, relaxed setting.
- J. Alexander’s Restaurant is a restaurant chain serving wood-fired American fare in a contemporary space with a bar.
- Rodizio Grill Brazilian Steakhouse Chattanooga Downtown, an outpost of a Brazilian steakhouse chain offering skewered meats carved tableside, plus a salad bar.